Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

Quote Originally Posted by ksl77 View Post
    I always thought that your score should surpass the MPS? what am I missing. Your grade in individual topic shouldn't matter so much as long as avg is above minimum passing score?
    Welcome aboard Sachin!!!
    Generally if you score well in all the sections, then you'll probably score more than the overall min passing score.

My friends and I have observed that there have been cases where the overall score may be good but due to low scores in some sections, students fail the CFA exam.

Also you will see that CFA Institute gives the results of your different sections and an overall Pass/Fail.

ksl77
    Quote Originally Posted by Sriram Raju View Post
    Welcome aboard Sachin!!!
    Generally if you score well in all the sections, then you'll probably score more than the overall min passing score.

My friends and I have observed that there have been cases where the overall score may be good but due to low scores in some sections, students fail the CFA exam.

Also you will see that CFA Institute gives the results of your different sections and an overall Pass/Fail.
    Thanks Sri.
    How can we know if overall score is good when the grading is done by the band, <50, 50-70 and >70. Unless someone gets >70 in all except one and averages somewhere in low 70s but does miserably in one subject to bring the average much below 70 overall then it is quite possible.

Aite mate, I dont claim to be expert here. I am mere trying to get understanding around this whole grading process.

Sachin,

I agree with your analysis. The basic idea is that CFA candidates need to score above 70% in as most sections. In 2-3 sections if you are in the 50-70% band, you can still pass the test. However if your score is less than 50% in Level 1 Ethics and have 1 or 2 sections in the 50-70% band, then chance of failure increases. That's the reason I was stressing on the Ethics section for CFA Level I.

CFA institute site displaying that they have not received permission to conduct exam in India. what is the probability of conducting exam in India?

Quote Originally Posted by Harish singh View Post
    CFA institute site displaying that they have not received permission to conduct exam in India. what is the probability of conducting exam in India?
    Hi Harish,

In the past 2-3 years, CFA Institute has faced similar issues in India. Generally they do not receive the permission to conduct the exam till a few months before the exam.

There is a very high probability that there will be a center in India (in Mumbai and other major cities) in June 2012.

~ Neetu

Harish -

You can select a center in Kathmandu, Nepal or Bangkok, Thailand now. These are not too far or too costly. Most probably, there will be centers in India and you can change it later.

Hai friend, Really CFA is a good professional course. Actually any graduation person can do the CFA there is no rule rule that only the financial back ground, am attend a CFA level 1 exam in dec 2011, and am well confident for my results and also now am attending classes for level 2, am attending the CFA classes in ETEN FINANCE in hyd they are providing a good classes and also a study material and financial calculator and how to use the financial calculator.
    And you can give your level 1 attempt in coming june 2012 because you will have a one year of time for your level 2, and take decission quickly and start your preparation early.

Hello Everyone,

I'm Intresed and in. Nice to know ppl with the same objective(CFA L1) as mine are here. i've joined this thread to touchbase for preparation of L1 in June '12.
    Although i've not registered fr it yet, bt hope to do so nd join classes for the same.
    Im from delhi and planning to do classes here in pristine or eten. suggestions invited for choosing the better one although eten is new in cfa bt hav exp. in ca classes i guess.
    Anyone out there from delhi up fr the same..?
    Thanks.

Ive heard the videos of CFA preparations are good enuf to clear L1. Any opinions for the same..?

Quote Originally Posted by rishukumar View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I'm Intresed and in. Nice to know ppl with the same objective(CFA L1) as mine are here. i've joined this thread to touchbase for preparation of L1 in June '12.
    Although i've not registered fr it yet, bt hope to do so nd join classes for the same.
    Im from delhi and planning to do classes here in pristine or eten. suggestions invited for choosing the better one although eten is new in cfa bt hav exp. in ca classes i guess.
    Anyone out there from delhi up fr the same..?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rishukumar View Post
    Ive heard the videos of CFA preparations are good enuf to clear L1. Any opinions for the same..?
    Hello Rishu,

You can try Pristine as they have good faculty.

Some videos are helpful...u can find a few here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AllenResources