Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 613

Thread: CFA Level-1

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    13

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    13
    @Vivek

    You can discuss any topics for L1 in this thread also.

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL View Post
    Guys,

    I didn't found India as one of the test center for Jun 2011 exams on CFA site?
    Is that India once again removed from center list and we have to go abroad and give the exam.
    Dear Members,

    We had got in touch with the CFA Institute regarding the June 2011 exams in India. Currently the CFA Institute has not received approval to offer the June 2011 CFA examinations at test centers in India. So Indian applicants have to select test centers in other countries.

    We will provide updates on this matter as and when we receive more information.

    Thank you,
    Sougata

  4. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    13
    But will CFA Institute be able to tell before 1st deadline for Jun('11) exams.
    I mean before 22nd Sep.
    Is there any extra change we have to give for Location change?

    @Sougata: When can we expect the reply from CFA Institute for location clarification?

  5. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    13

    CFA test centre change

    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL View Post
    But will CFA Institute be able to tell before 1st deadline for Jun('11) exams.
    I mean before 22nd Sep.
    Is there any extra change we have to give for Location change?

    @Sougata: When can we expect the reply from CFA Institute for location clarification?
    I am not sure if CFA Institute will be able to tell us before the first deadline or not. However location change is possible and charges are either nothing or very nominal.

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    13
    Thanks Sougata

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    13
    Hi Sriram ,

    Did you cleared the L1 exam in dec'09?

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL View Post
    Hi Sriram ,

    Did you cleared the L1 exam in dec'09?
    No
    Didn't do well in Ethics and Derivatives...

  9. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    13
    @ Sriram: I was also planning to appear for Dec'10 exam, but I started prep very late (around 2nd week of August). So do feel 3 months is enough for L1 prep with FT work in IT.
    Did you appeared again for L1 this Jun('10)?

    All DG members need you help: Do you feel 3 months is enough(Safe) for L1 prep with no finance background and can devout around 15-20 hrs/week. On the other hand I am thinking to appear for L1 coming Jun('11) to be on the safer side as in that case I will get full 1 year to prep for L2. Anyone who have faced this situation earlier, please help as I have just 2 days to go for Dec('10) registration.

  10. #210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL View Post
    @ Sriram: I was also planning to appear for Dec'10 exam, but I started prep very late (around 2nd week of August). So do feel 3 months is enough for L1 prep with FT work in IT.
    Did you appeared again for L1 this Jun('10)?

    All DG members need you help: Do you feel 3 months is enough(Safe) for L1 prep with no finance background and can devout around 15-20 hrs/week. On the other hand I am thinking to appear for L1 coming Jun('11) to be on the safer side as in that case I will get full 1 year to prep for L2. Anyone who have faced this situation earlier, please help as I have just 2 days to go for Dec('10) registration.
    3 months is a little tough but not impossible...the questions in Ethics were very close and I would have probably got them wrong even if I had another month to prepare

    I had a chance to go onsite so didn't take it in June...it's better to take the exams and finish it off quickly as u don't know what will be happening...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •