Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Transitioning to a Career in Finance...

Re: Transitioning to a Career in Finance...

Corporate Finance can mean a lot of things and your job profile will depend on how the company defines it. For e.g. some companies will plan an IPO or do an M&A. They will need people to work on these projects and it is included in corporate finance. I think this is very interesting and people who want to do investment banking kind-of work without grueling in an ibank, it is a very good option.

But some firms who have already done an IPO and are not in a position to do a merger and acquisition, may simply be doing accounting work. So the corporate finance division does routine budgeting and forecasting work. I think this is boring and you should try to avoid.

Re: Transitioning to a Career in Finance...

Thanks Vivek for the useful post.

software to Finance

Hey All,

I am new to the forum and have read some of the earlier threads. I have not read all the posts and so I am not sure if this has been discussed before.

I am an software engineer at Infosys and stuck with Mainframe coding. Need some guidance to get out and do some work that will need more brain power.:idea: Finance is interesting but difficult to get into.

How do you guys suggest I make a transition?

Thank u,
    Alok

Lightbulb Finance jobs in India Infoline

@Alok
    You have come to the right place. Read some of the earlier posts and interviews. Try to find out what are the different job profiles in finance that's interesting to you. Then you can specifically find out which courses will help you to switch to a finance job.

@DG members
    There is a job posting in my company that may be interesting to you all:
    http://myjobs.shine.com/Job-Search/-...t+/132825.aspx

@Neetu:- Thanks for d info. The job of Research Analyst at India Infoline seems to be attractive but what criteria/qualification is required..?? Person wid 4 yrs of work exp in Supply Chain Mgmt can apply to d post..?? Pl reply.

Hi Neetu,

Is this position open for Engineer with IT background and 2 NCFM certifications in Derivatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Shehgal View Post
    @Neetu:- Thanks for d info. The job of Research Analyst at India Infoline seems to be attractive but what criteria/qualification is required..?? Person wid 4 yrs of work exp in Supply Chain Mgmt can apply to d post..?? Pl reply.
    Do you have experience in using Bloomberg and FactSet? I guess that's difficult to get in a non-finance firm.

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL View Post
    Hi Neetu,

Is this position open for Engineer with IT background and 2 NCFM certifications in Derivatives?
    Your experience with databases and excel modeling can be useful. The NCFM certifications are not relevant for this position.

Where can I get Bloomberg Certification training in India?

Dear Friends,

Could anyone help me where can I get the training for Bloomberg Certification in India? I understand we need access to Bloomberg Terminal.

Thanks in Advance,

With Cheers,
    Kishore Veleti A.V.K.

Quote Originally Posted by vavkkishore View Post
    Dear Friends,

Could anyone help me where can I get the training for Bloomberg Certification in India? I understand we need access to Bloomberg Terminal.

Thanks in Advance,

With Cheers,
    Kishore Veleti A.V.K.
    Yes, you are right that a Bloomberg Terminal is required. Some MBA colleges in India have a Bloomberg terminal. You'll have to find out that in your city and then approach a Professor/the person incharge to allow you to use it for a few hours.

I am not sure if they'll allow that or not. But no harm in trying.

Thanks for information.upcoming exam listDear aspirants, you can take information which are given in official advertisement for any Government Tancet 2015 Application Form jobs the exact link you will get on this web portal regularly. TANCET 2015 Application Form is currently accessible online from April 1 to April 20, 2015. Admissions to the M.Tech/M.E/MBA courses in Tamilnadu is dependably happens through TANCET exam. The TANCET 2015 logged off Application Forms will be accessible at the assigned Co-ordinating Centers Indian Govt. Publish the job notification for our different-different organization like PSU’s Defence, Govt. Institution, Banks, Railways, and many more such organization comes in the Government Sector. visit: http://sarkarinaukriexam.org