Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CIIA (Swiss) or CMT (US)

Exclamation CIIA (Swiss) or CMT (US)

hi,
    I m a Bcom graduate and currently working as accountant with CA firm for the past 2 years.
    My interest is to become a research analyst or trader in derivatives in MNCs.
    Please suggest me will a B com + CIIA (international ) land me a good job in a company OR
    Should I go for B com + CMT (US). What are the Job prospects for the same and are these degrees have a good reputation in the market. Also please suggest me what salary will i get as fresher.
    Also i want to know is a private coaching classes like Kredent academy good for doing professional trading courses
    Please reply.
    Thanking you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by chelseafcblue96 View Post
    hi,
    I m a Bcom graduate and currently working as accountant with CA firm for the past 2 years.
    My interest is to become a research analyst or trader in derivatives in MNCs.
    Please suggest me will a B com + CIIA (international ) land me a good job in a company OR
    Should I go for B com + CMT (US). What are the Job prospects for the same and are these degrees have a good reputation in the market. Also please suggest me what salary will i get as fresher.
    Also i want to know is a private coaching classes like Kredent academy good for doing professional trading courses
    Please reply.
    Thanking you in advance
    You can try CIIA which is more apt for you as you are trying to become an Investment Analyst.

I am not sure about the job prospects after coaching from Kredent. We'll need some inputs from other members on this.

If you are going to enrol for the course at Kredent, try to get some discount as a DG member
    http://www.daulatguru.com/discounts

Quote Originally Posted by neetu View Post
    You can try CIIA which is more apt for you as you are trying to become an Investment Analyst.

I am not sure about the job prospects after coaching from Kredent. We'll need some inputs from other members on this.
    Hi,
    I wanted to know whether CIIA will give me job as a trader in derivatives or do you suggest me any other course to pursue.

Also is Chartered market technician (CMT) of US a good course to become a trader in trader.

Quote Originally Posted by Sriram Raju View Post
    If you are going to enrol for the course at Kredent, try to get some discount as a DG member
    http://www.daulatguru.com/discounts

hi,
    as you mentioned about DG discounts - is kredent acamdemy good for professional trader courses. Also do you know what kind of companies come to recruit in kredent academy.
    Do u suggest me a course there as i am only a Bcom graduate with 2 years of experience in accounts and tax.

cheers

hi,
    as you mentioned about DG discounts - is kredent acamdemy good for professional trader courses. Also do you know what kind of companies come to recruit in kredent academy.
    Do u suggest me a course there as i am only a Bcom graduate with 2 years of experience in accounts and tax.

cheers
    The course can be good but don't expect a guaranteed job from any such institute. I am not sure about the placement statistics at Kredent but I can assure you that it'll not be 100%. Many MBA colleges can't give jobs to every student. So it is safe to assume that a training institute can try but not certainly get you a job.

Kredent's website shows that some local finance firms have hired their students. However you should speak to a current student of that course to learn the ground realities.

CRISIL Certified Analyst Program

hi,

cheers
    You can look at the following program:
    http://www.crisil.com/Crisil/ccap/edm-ccap/

CRISIL Certified Analyst Program
    CRISIL Certified Analyst Program (CCAP) is a 2 year intensive program, which combines course work, interactive seminars and job assignments to help prepare you with exceptional financial and business skills. The program is aimed at developing world class finance professionals for Analyst positions in CRISIL.

The course would be run in collaboration with NITIE Mumbai, the academic partner for the CCAP Program.

You don't have to pay any fees, you'll get stipend + assured job.

CFA (US) vs CIIA (Swiss)

hi,

I went through the syllabus of both CFA (US) and CIIA (swiss) i found out that the depth coverage of both the degrees are the same infact CIIA is more apt.

CIIA (swiss) is well known in europe, asia except it is less known is US.
    So why should a person a go for CFA (US) when the more indepth knowledge and recognition he is getting from a degree which is less costlier.

Hoping for some good reply and guidance

cheers

hi,

I went through the syllabus of both CFA (US) and CIIA (swiss) i found out that the depth coverage of both the degrees are the same infact CIIA is more apt.

CIIA (swiss) is well known in europe, asia except it is less known is US.
    So why should a person a go for CFA (US) when the more indepth knowledge and recognition he is getting from a degree which is less costlier.

Hoping for some good reply and guidance

cheers
    CIIA is known to some people but in US and in Asia (and particularly in India), the CFA designation is more popular.

Depending on the location where you are looking for a job, you can decide which one to go for. Plz go to any job website and search the job profiles that you would want. See if the job profiles require CFA or CIIA. You will get the answer to your question by going to the job market and seeing the requirements.

Syllabus of CFA (US) and CIIA (swiss)

Hiiii
    Could anyone send me the Syllabus of CFA (US) and CIIA (swiss)? And also guide me about which course would be fine for me. I have done MBA in finance in 2010. I want to be in finance field only. I am interested to do advance course in finance in order to get a good job. Is Acturial Science the best option? My email ID is chandankjha@yahoo.com.