Thread: Why CA?

Banned

Why CA?

Hello friends i don't want to be a CA. But i want to go in Financial studies. So what are the options.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhasharma View Post
    Hello friends i don't want to be a CA. But i want to go in Financial studies. So what are the options.
    There are various options other than CA to get into finance. You can try:
    • BBA or MBA in Finance
    • CFA
    • CFP
    • FRM
    • CPA
    • CMA

However CA or MBA provide access to maximum opportunity in the corporate sector.

Hey Neetu,

It will be difficult for you to believe, but passing the CA Final exams is only the first hurdle, and a relatively small one. This is because the results in academics solely depend on your hard work and talent whereas in your career, market dynamics, business cycles, opportunities, your area of interest and being at the right place at the right time’ will play a very significant role.

After clearing the exams and completing the articles-ship, one will be shrouded by confusion in terms of career options and profiles, which will help you, achieve your professional objectives, provide the desired job satisfaction and professional growth. Arguably, no other profession gives such versatility to you career as a CA degree. Each subject in your CA Final exam can be a career choice in itself. Further, each subject offers you multiple career choices, e.g. under Audit you have Statutory Audit & Internal Audit, under Taxation you have Direct Taxes, Appeals, International Taxation & Transfer Pricing to name a few. Accountancy and Financial Management offer an array of options in the corporate and service sector. Most CA’s are fine with accounting they are unable to connect accounting to the real world of Financial Analysis, Equity Research and Investment Banking. A CA after pursuing a certified financial analyst course will learn how to value a listed and unlisted company, how to analyse industry, how to create financial models and put together collateral such as pitches and Equity research reports.