Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA from ICFAI

Re: Indian CFA or CIIA from ACIIA,Switzerland

CIIA is an excellent course and adds value for a career in investments. It is recognised globally and especialy by Swiss banks and finance firms. UBS encourages its employees to study for CIIA.

Khushbu

Re: CFA from ICFAI!!!!!

Hi Daulat Guru,

I am a B.Sc passout student. So, will my non-finance background be a disadvantage while pursuing CFA?

Avnish

Hi Avnish,

Many Indian students who are pursuing CFA have a non-finance background like engineering, science etc. So the non-finance background is not a problem for doing the CFA. However getting a job in a top tier finance firm without a finance background is a challenging task.

btw, no one in this forum is the "Daulat Guru"...it's just the collective knowledge and intelligence of the members and their willingness to share...

Dear Avnish,

Sougata rightly pointed out that non-finance background is not a problem for doing the CFA. The rewards of earning the CFA charter are worth all the effort. One gets to be a part of an elite club which is well respected and recognized by anyone in the financial world. The global fraternity of Charterholders is a great source for networking.

Mahesh Vadora

Hello all,

Please give information on CFA to a beginner.

can anybody give detailed information on CFA exams course and exams.

Like list of all universities, qualification required, exams modules, etc. etc.

But i seek more detailed information.

Thanks.

Hi Sumit,

There are 2 versions of CFA. I am not sure which you are actually referring to. There is one conducted by ICFAI (Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India) and the other one is conducted by CFA Institute, USA. Both these certifications will be a good step towards your finance career.

I am assuming you are asking about the CFA from ICFAI as this thread caters to that. The CFA Program offered by the ICFAI University, Tripura is a unique program covering the areas of financial markets, financial analysis, valuation of assets, portfolio management, mutual and other funds and professional ethics.

Focus Areas:

1. Financial Markets
    2. Analysis and Valuation
    3. Portfolio Management
    4. Mutual and Other Funds
    5. Code of Conduct

Eligibility for CFA:

Bachelor

Re: Indian CFA or US CFA

What kind of jobs do CFAs from ICFAI get?
    Is it worth the time and money?

Unhappy Non Receipt of Study Material CFA -icafi

I am pursuing CFA (icafi) and qualified first two groups in April 10 examination. I am waiting for my study material for subsequnet groups but I am not getting satisfactory reply from Institute. Are other students also facing similar problem and Is any one aware about the reason for delay in despatch of material.

CA MOHIT JAIN

Re: Non Receipt of Study Material CFA -icafi

Hi Mohit,

One of my friends also had a similar problem last year and he was frustrated because he lost some study time.
    Eventually it was delivered, so it might be a regular problem with ICFAI.

Did you try to get some study materials that may be available online? You can study from those till you get the materials from ICFAI.

- Naveen

Re: Indian CFA or CIIA from ACIIA,Switzerland

Hi Guys,

Elan Guides is organizing a free Mock CFA Level 1 test along with a gyaan session by their CEO in Mumbai on 22nd.

Here's the link to register: www.proavenues.com/cfa

Best,
    Anshul