Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Investment Banking and Financial Modeling Training

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by naveen View Post
    What's the course fees of basic financial modeling courses? Does it help in getting investment banking jobs?
    Basic financial modeling course fees (depending on duration of classes) generally is between $900 to $1400. These courses are good for investment banking jobs and provide some of the required skills like Excel modeling for DCF valuation.

Financial Modeling & Training Solutions (FMTS) has grown rapidly to be at the forefront of corporate Financial Training worldwide. Our wide range of courses attracts a truly international client-base thus ensuring valuable networking opportunities.FMTS Training's Development Team formulates leading-edge training programmes for Finance Professionals.if you are looking for best and excellent training , Excel training in Financial Modeling, Excel trainers in Financial Modeling, Crystal Ball applications training in Financial Modeling contact at www.financialmodelsindia.com

Financial Modelling Training and Investment banking is costly nowadays, but you can benefit a lot in field of Investment and Mergers & Acquisitions.

HI,

I hope this could be helpful.. http://www.finalaya.com/Index.aspx

Derivatives : Online & iPad based self study

We have launched our iPad app for derivatives learning. We cover the following topics in detail :

- Statistics
    - Time Value of MOney
    - Futures & Forwards
    - Bonds & Swaps
    - Options

The material takes you through from the basics to all the detail of pricing methodologies.

We will also be launching our Professional Risk Managers (PRM) study guide shortly, both on the iPad as well as a web based online course.
    This course will consist of study materials, extensive quiz for self-evaluation.
    We will also be providing excel spreadsheets wherever possible for course subscribers to download.

There is also a free blog where you can follow read about various quantitative financial topics and download free spreadsheets.
    We have also launched our new site for online Finance learning Risklearn.com, please visit and sign up lots of free resources and premium courses.

Visit thinxlabs.com for more details

Visit RiskLearn for more details
    Last edited by thinxlabs; 05-10-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added New Link

hello
    i am currently in final year engg, but interestd in investment banking as career option
    please help me out how should i start ? as i dont know anythng of finance right now but m sure after learning
    wat all courses should i do?
    wat all xams need to be given?

Quote Originally Posted by rishis90 View Post
    hello
    i am currently in final year engg, but interestd in investment banking as career option
    please help me out how should i start ? as i dont know anythng of finance right now but m sure after learning
    wat all courses should i do?
    wat all xams need to be given?
    Hi,

After Engineering you can try to do some certification course like CFA or FRM.
    When you'll start studying for the exams, you'll get some idea on the basics of finance. You'll also learn about different possible career options in finance apart from Investment Banking.

You can try to get admission in a good MBA college and that'll help you in getting a job in Investment Banking.

Naveen

Quote Originally Posted by Sriram Raju View Post
    Hi,

After Engineering you can try to do some certification course like CFA or FRM.
    When you'll start studying for the exams, you'll get some idea on the basics of finance. You'll also learn about different possible career options in finance apart from Investment Banking.

You can try to get admission in a good MBA college and that'll help you in getting a job in Investment Banking.

Naveen
    well
    then as of now
    what should i do?
    study for CAT MAT XAT... etc
    or go for CFA or FRM ??

Quote Originally Posted by rishis90 View Post
    well
    then as of now
    what should i do?
    study for CAT MAT XAT... etc
    or go for CFA or FRM ??
    As you are in the final year of engineering, it'll be good if you can get some work experience in a Finance company. You can try for some firms that have Analyst-level job opportunities. After 2-3 years of experience, your MBA will be more meaningful. Till then you can do either CFA or FRM. So by the time you are in the Business School, you'll already have good credentials on your resume.

Quote Originally Posted by neetu View Post
    As you are in the final year of engineering, it'll be good if you can get some work experience in a Finance company. You can try for some firms that have Analyst-level job opportunities. After 2-3 years of experience, your MBA will be more meaningful. Till then you can do either CFA or FRM. So by the time you are in the Business School, you'll already have good credentials on your resume.
    okay, but how to apply in these finance firms, me being an engineer fresher
    and please tell me some finance companies in which i can apply i.e. the companies which hire engineers as ' analyst'
    and right now i don't have any idea of finance , so i wanna get some basics of it
    suggest me some basic books or course through which i can learn at least basics of finance before applying to finance companies