Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Investment Banking and Financial Modeling Training

Quote Originally Posted by rishis90 View Post
    okay, but how to apply in these finance firms, me being an engineer fresher
    and please tell me some finance companies in which i can apply i.e. the companies which hire engineers as ' analyst'
    and right now i don't have any idea of finance , so i wanna get some basics of it
    suggest me some basic books or course through which i can learn at least basics of finance before applying to finance companies
    Please go through the following thread:
    http://daulatguru.com/finance-forum-...er-Engineering

This will be useful to clear some of your doubts. In fact, one of the participants in that discussion (time4apogee) has got a job at JP Morgan as an Analyst.

You may try different finance firms like Goldman Sachs, Barclays Capital etc. but getting an Analyst role is going to be tough in this economy.

There is a firm called Futures First that you may try:
    http://daulatguru.com/finance-forum-...wfull=1#post85

All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by sougatab View Post
    Please go through the following thread:
    http://daulatguru.com/finance-forum-...er-Engineering

This will be useful to clear some of your doubts. In fact, one of the participants in that discussion (time4apogee) has got a job at JP Morgan as an Analyst.

You may try different finance firms like Goldman Sachs, Barclays Capital etc. but getting an Analyst role is going to be tough in this economy.

There is a firm called Futures First that you may try:
    http://daulatguru.com/finance-forum-...wfull=1#post85

All the best!
    thank you dor the info
    but still m confused, can u tell me about what courses / books/ certifications should i do, in order to get a start in finance compnies as m in final year of enginnering i still have some months left , so i could utilize them in it, because as of now i dont have knowledge of finance,
    so by the end of my engineering, i can successfully apply in finance companies

also please suggest me some companies which hire engineering graduates as analysts, so that i can apply there .

i can work in any company , because i m very keen in learning about finance

Quote Originally Posted by rishis90 View Post
    thank you dor the info
    but still m confused, can u tell me about what courses / books/ certifications should i do, in order to get a start in finance compnies as m in final year of enginnering i still have some months left , so i could utilize them in it, because as of now i dont have knowledge of finance,
    so by the end of my engineering, i can successfully apply in finance companies

also please suggest me some companies which hire engineering graduates as analysts, so that i can apply there .

i can work in any company , because i m very keen in learning about finance
    You can start with a basic book on Corporate Finance. Start reading time value of money, NPV, IRR etc.

There are foreign banks like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan etc. and local finance firms like Motilal Oswal, Edelweiss, Avendus Capital etc. I am not sure if they are hiring freshers or not as the job market is tough. But there is no harm in trying and contacting people at these firms. Try to find some friend or relative who might be working there and speak to them.

Investment Banking and Financial Modeling is the task of building an subjective representation of economic decision-making situation.

Investment Banking and Financial Modeling Courses

Hello Tutoring D Street,

The finance and service industry is revolutionizing itself in response to the market forces. Investment Banking Courses offers lucrative career opportunities within the financial industry for diligent and highly motivated individuals. One of the most fundamental and coveted skills, financial modelling, is a science that helps a business man evaluate financial situations. Imarticus offer financial modelling courses to those who wish to attain knowledge and skills in financial analysis and other related factors.

Source : Imarticus
    Last edited by Aaina Khan; 28-10-2014 at 06:39 PM.