Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

Quote Originally Posted by finrup View Post
    I am appearing for CFA L1 in Dec 2012. Can you please tell me toughness level of CFA. I am from MBA finance background.
    CFA Level 1 will not be very tough as some of the concepts would have been already covered in MBA Finance.
    However many topics in Level 2 and 3 are not covered during MBA. These 2 levels are tough.

I am appearing for CFA L1 in Dec 2012. Can you please tell me toughness level of CFA. I am from MBA finance background.
    There can be some topics that you may not have covered in your MBA. But basic things like time value of money, corporate finance etc. must have been part of MBA course. There are some CFA L1 topics like Ethics that will not be covered in MBA. Ethics looks easy but it's one of the most common reasons why CFA candidates fail in Level 1.

Numerical to theorotical ratio

Quote Originally Posted by naveen View Post
    There can be some topics that you may not have covered in your MBA. But basic things like time value of money, corporate finance etc. must have been part of MBA course. There are some CFA L1 topics like Ethics that will not be covered in MBA. Ethics looks easy but it's one of the most common reasons why CFA candidates fail in Level 1.
    Thanx Naveen for these valuable information..

I am also keen to know that what is the ratio of Numerical and theorotical questions in Level 1 exam. We are usually more sure about our answers in the case of numerical questions rather than theorotical. Whether the options provided are confusing?? I have covered my syllabus and now my revision is going on. So I want to know on which part should I concentrate more, Numerical or Theorotical...

Thanx Naveen for these valuable information..

I am also keen to know that what is the ratio of Numerical and theorotical questions in Level 1 exam. We are usually more sure about our answers in the case of numerical questions rather than theorotical. Whether the options provided are confusing?? I have covered my syllabus and now my revision is going on. So I want to know on which part should I concentrate more, Numerical or Theorotical...
    The exact ratio is difficult to predict but it'll be around 1:1.
    Questions on Ethics and a few other topics will be theory based. Questions on Corporate Finance etc. will have numericals.

You can check a free online test at DG that gives some idea on the type of questions asked in CFA Level 1:
    http://www.daulatguru.com/free-onlin...practice-exams

kredent.seo

Prepare for International CFA

Achieve your CFA dreams with the help of Kredent Academy, the premier capital market training institute in Eastern India, and Pristine Careers, India’s largest training provider for international certifications.

Our USP: Smaller batches for enhanced learning, coupled with our proven track record in providing specialized financial education. High pass rate. Specially developed in-house full-length Mock Tests for performance evaluation.

FREE CFA Seminar on 8th Dec, 2012. To Register, call 9748 222 555.

CFA Exam Tips (Read It Carefully):

Hi..To All Lets have some idea about exam procedure :

o 2 sessions of 3 hrs each: 1st half begins at 9am and you get 120 questions, then 2 hrs break and then 2nd sessions begins at 2pm – 120 questions. Focus equally on both sessions.
    o No Negative making: 240 multiple choice questions with 3 options, if you don’t know an answer eliminate the obviously incorrect answer and make a guess for remaining options. Don’t leave any question unmarked.
    o Don’t spend too much time on one question, you should spend approx 1.5 min/question, if you are unable to solve it move ahead.
    o Don’t leave any subject: The passing score is the weighted average score of all the subjects, so you have toprepare for all the subjects.
    o Score high in Ethics, FSA, Fixed Income & Quants: These are high weighted subjects, and good score in these will increase your chances of clearing the exam. It’s compulsory to pass in Ethics to clear the exam.
    o 2 sessions of 3 hrs each: 1st half begins at 9am and you get 120 questions, then 2 hrs break and then 2nd sessions begins at 2pm – 120 questions. Focus equally on both sessions.
    o No Negative making: 240 multiple choice questions with 3 options, if you don’t know an answer eliminate the obviously incorrect answer and make a guess for remaining options. Don’t leave any question unmarked.
    o Don’t spend too much time on one question, you should spend approx 1.5 min/question, if you are unable to solve it move ahead.
    o Don’t leave any subject: The passing score is the weighted average score of all the subjects, so you have toprepare for all the subjects.
    o Score high in Ethics, FSA, Fixed Income & Quants: These are high weighted subjects, and good score in these will increase your chances of clearing the exam. It’s compulsory to pass in Ethics to clear the exam.

!! All The Best !!

Thanks for the useful tips!

free mock exam cfa level 1 December 2012

Hi everyone! Visit www.soleadea.com. There is a free mock exam for Level I CFA® to download.
    The best of luck with your exam!

This is going to be useful and i am really glad that you gave it to us.

Does they provide T-tables, F-distribution table, etc???