Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

Re: CFA Level-1

Hi Harshita,

The BII PlusPro is also allowed.....so whcih one shud i opt for?....
    ....the PLus pro has 3 keys more than the Plus i guess
    whch one do u use?...frm where n for how much did u get urs for?

whch material did u use for Level1 prep?....institute material or schweser?...

Hello,

I am a finance teacher in a MBA college. I have gone through the various threads, articles & interviews regarding the CFA & other exams and building career in finance field. This website seems me to be right platform for the student who need assistant & guidance for building carrer in finance in India. Will be very happy to help you students in any regard. Wish you all the best.

Md. Akram

Hi Akram Sir,

I am planning to appear for CFA-L1 in this year. Can you help me in knowing about the various topics and their weightage in CFA-L1,2 &3 exam so that i should try to understand and focus more on the that topics....?

Rohit

Dear Rohit,

I have got the rough weightage about the mark for the various topics for CFA-L1,2 &3. Please find below the details:-

S.No Topics Level-1 Level-2 Level-3
    1 Ethical and Professional Standards 15 10 10
    2 Quantitative Methods 12 5-10 0
    3 Economics 10 5-10 0
    4 Financial Statement Analysis 20 15-25 0
    5 Corporate Finance 8 5-15 0
    6 Investment Tools 50 30-60 0-10
    7 Equity Investments 10 20-30 5-15
    8 Fixed Income 12 5-15 10-20
    9 Derivatives 5 5-15 5-15
    10 Alternative Investments 3 5-15 5-15
    11 Asset Classes (Total) 30 35-75 35-45
    12 Portfolio Management and Wealth plannin 0-10 5-15 45-55
    ================================================== ================================================== =
    Total 100 100 100

Akram

Quote Originally Posted by Akram
    Hello,

I am a finance teacher in a MBA college. I have gone through the various threads, articles & interviews regarding the CFA & other exams and building career in finance field. This website seems me to be right platform for the student who need assistant & guidance for building carrer in finance in India. Will be very happy to help you students in any regard. Wish you all the best.

Md. Akram

Hello Sir,

I've started a thread out here :

http://www.daulatguru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51

Could you please read the first post and give your suggestions. I've enrolled for the CFA Level 1 of late.

Dear 'Time4apogee'

It's very nice to see that your are ambitious & focused. Being in final year, planning & preparing for CFA-L1 in Dec'10 & also for NCFM modules.... very good !! I agree to Sougata & guess that you are probably on right track. In Mumbai, there are many good coaching institute that teaches Financial & Excel modelling, FMV, EVP..etc. Try to enroll in these. Btw, have you got ur job placement...? n What's ur name..?

-Md Akram

Sir, Thanks for the reply

Yes, I've got a campus placement offer from Patni Computer Services(PCS), but don't really want to get into that :P (I've mentioned all of this in that thread)

As for the financial modeling course, I was already contemplating undergoing one...seems like I'm on the right track :mrgreen:

Could you enumerate a few such institutes which can also get me placed on a front end M&A role....

Dear 'Time4apogee'

Getting a front end M&A role is difficult just after a short course...big banks generally hire MBAs from top schools for such roles. It's not just financial knowledge but also the understanding of business strategy that's important to get roles in M&A.
    You will have to be a little flexible on where you start but keep your ultimate goal fixed...

-Md Akram

yes...i agree...will keep that in mind

I still have one posted question unanswered.....which calculator should I go in for?...TI BII Plus or TI BII Plus PRO??