Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

dnpatel
    u r most welcome>>>>>>>>>>>

dawinner

course difference between June and December exams??

i am planning to give cfa level exam in december as i want to prepare as much as i can
    I want to know
    is the curriculum for june and december exams different??
    i want to know this before i buy the schweser notes?

Quote Originally Posted by dawinner View Post
    i am planning to give cfa level exam in december as i want to prepare as much as i can
    I want to know
    is the curriculum for june and december exams different??
    i want to know this before i buy the schweser notes?
    The curriculum is generally the same (90-95%) for both June/Dec exams. You can start preparing now and check the change in LOS, if any. The LOS (or the syllabus) for both the exams can be found here:
    http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogr..._sessions.aspx

lavish13
    Hi,

I've close to 6 yrs experince in the stock market as a dealer and now i am thinking of either doing CFA or FRM. Can someone please highlight the difference in both these courses and if one is better over the other.

Quote Originally Posted by lavish13 View Post
    Hi,

I've close to 6 yrs experince in the stock market as a dealer and now i am thinking of either doing CFA or FRM. Can someone please highlight the difference in both these courses and if one is better over the other.
    The two courses have different focus areas. CFA is more related to equity research and investment management. FRM is related to risk management.

I personally think that CFA opens more doors in terms of career opportunities than FRM. Also FRM is easier to pass than CFA.

Administrator

CFA Test Center in India

Hi DG members,

This is to inform you that the Delhi High Court has permitted CFA Institute to register candidates for the CFA exam in India on Sunday, 3rd June 2012.

All test centers have limited seats, and test center change requests are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. You may visit the following link to learn more:
    http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogr...er_update.aspx

In India, the test centers are available in the following cities: Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune.

All the best!

- Team DG

vikascacs

Chnage of test center-2012 June

HI Every one, I have already changed my center from nepal to delhi at the CFAI website.Can any one tell me, if this assures my seat at delhi center or do i need to wait for Institutes approval.

Change of test centers - CFA exam centers in India

Quote Originally Posted by vikascacs View Post
    HI Every one, I have already changed my center from nepal to delhi at the CFAI website.Can any one tell me, if this assures my seat at delhi center or do i need to wait for Institutes approval.
    The test centers in India were announced today and you have changed it very fast. So I don't think that there will be any problem. I guess it is already confirmed in your account information.

M also prep for CFA Level 1 and no friend of mine preparing for it. So all who are prep for cfa level 1 in delhi and interested in sharing information for exams please give their numbers. Mine is 9873940606.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lavish13 View Post
    Hi,

Read this article : CFA or FRM: Solving the Dilemma for students

I got it when i was searching on internet, it helped me a little. Hope it will help you too

Here it is wht i think!

CFA : Investment banking , equity research , valuations and all profiles 1 can think of in finance.
    FRM : Risk mgmt. , Treasury Mgmt. , Forex Mgmt, Derivatives.

Simplifying it even further

CFA : Investment banks + share markets
    FRM : Commercial banks.

In general, CFA will be a big addition for ANY finance profile.

Also you can watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmO1j...eature=related