Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

Quote Originally Posted by elegantbean View Post
    hey fellows,
    i am in dilemma right now. i have done graduation with b.com degree. i have no work experience till now. i don't have much knowledge in investment field, just know basic financial concepts. but i am pretty much interested in investment area. so, shall i go for mba finance or cfa? coz i've heard that cfa is a tougher course for newbees?
    CFA provides good technical knowledge related to the field of investments. MBA is a general management course where you will learn some finance courses but the depth may be less.

However good MBA colleges can attract big banks and help in placements. In terms of cost, a CFA will be cheaper and you can do it along with a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhi Taleja View Post
    CFA provides good technical knowledge related to the field of investments. MBA is a general management course where you will learn some finance courses but the depth may be less.

However good MBA colleges can attract big banks and help in placements. In terms of cost, a CFA will be cheaper and you can do it along with a job.

thanx Nidhi, i am looking for deep knowledge in investment & placement is my 2nd priority. so, i'll go for cfa.... & please add me to the level 1 group for june 2012

Quote Originally Posted by elegantbean View Post
    thanx Nidhi, i am looking for deep knowledge in investment & placement is my 2nd priority. so, i'll go for cfa.... & please add me to the level 1 group for june 2012
    I think you are making a good choice. Welcome to the CFA Level 1 Group.

btw can anyone tell me which notes/books should i refer or can anyone post a download link to any e-book which are comparatively better

whether any one has started prep

do i need to refer other books as well apart from study mat of cfa institute

Hey Harish,

You can try to get the Schweser Notes. You can choose to use the CFA Institute notes or the Schweser notes.

Rite now m using CFA Institutes notes since material contains a lot is there any summarised book/notes available

Quote Originally Posted by Harish singh View Post
    Rite now m using CFA Institutes notes since material contains a lot is there any summarised book/notes available
    I agree with Neetu. Try Schweser's notes...they are summarized and concise.

shital
    hiii, i am preparing for cfa level-1 in june12, so i would like to join the group..