Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

Re: CFA Level-1

Dear Rohit,
    In my opinion, be prepared for the possibility of CFA exam center not in India. Don't take such type of risk. Pl find the declaration from the CFA Institute itself regarding this at http://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/wor ... iaFAQ.html

Q.) Which test center should candidates in India select?

Although the Delhi High Court has given us provisional permission to register candidates for the June 2010 CFA exam in India, the court could reverse the decision and require us to cancel the exams in India.
    This means that any candidates considering a June 2010 test center in India should be fully aware of the risks and uncertainty of the situation. All test centers have limited seats, and test center change requests are granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
    June 2010 candidates may select from test centers within India or any test centers worldwide, including many in the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions. Candidates for the December 2010 exam must select a test center outside of India. Please note that we have reached capacity at our test center in Kathmandu, Nepal (KAT) for June 2010

Girish Khajuriya

Re: Anyone going for CFA Level1 in Dec, '09?

Dear Anand,

There are some topics in NCFM that can help you when you prepare for CFA. however CFA is way more tough than NCFM.

You can choose some modules of NCFM depending on your interests.

Regards,
    Nidhi

Hello,
    I want study materials for CFA-L1. I have heard about the Laxmi Xerox who provide schweser material in Delhi. I had contacted him & he said that i need to transfer Rs.1000/- to his a/c for providing me the material. Is it reliable & authentic..? Pl reply.

Sarita

Dear Sarita,
    I also want the study material for CFA. Can you please give me address & contact no. of Laxmi Xerox?

Regards,
    Anand Bakshi

Hi Anand,

Please find below the details of Laxmi Xerox:-

Address:- LAXMI XEROX
    SHOP NO:- 1, V.M. Mehta Road,
    Opposite Rasraj Hotel,
    Nr. Mithibai College,
    Vile Parle (W),
    Mumbai-400056

Ccntact No:- 022-2613 4350/5051/4193.

Offer:-
    a) Buy from shop - Price is Rs.500/-
    b) Buy from post in mumbai (anywhere)- Rs.600/-
    c) Buy outside mumbai (anywhere) -Rs.1000/-

Sarita Khatod

Hi Sarita,

I have heard a lot from my close friends that the Laxmi Xerox is helping students regarding the study material for the past long years. So, probably he is authentic & reliable. You can purchase study material from him.

Please find the useful link of the video for the CFA preparation http://www.youtube.com/user/AllenResources

Girish Khajuriya

Anyone here taking CFA Level-1 Dec 2010 exam?.....

Which calculator should I buy...the BA II Plus or the BA II PlusPro?....I called up Laxmi xerox and they said that the latter has some additional functionality and is used for Level 3....so shud I go in for that now itself or the former one wud do for the time being.....

the former one looks prettier to me :P

Hi

I am from Bangalore & CFA-L2 candidate. The 'BA II Plus & Hewlett Packard 12C' are the ONLY two models of business calculator that are approved for the CFA exam. For more details you can find the same at http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/res ... lator.html

Harshita

Suppose if one fails to qualify in CFA- L1 June'10 exam then will he/she get any discount for the next enrollment/registration in Dec'10 ..?

Sarita

Sarita,

The first time new candidate needs to pay program enrollment & exam registration charge. It comes out to be $ 1,435 US approximately. If he/she fails in June'10 & again registers for the Dec'10 exam then only exam registartion fee i.e; $900 US approx. is require to pay. No program enrollment fee is require to pay again.

Harshita