Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

Quote Originally Posted by khan18 View Post
    How the cfa level 1 exam is graded????
    In CFA exams, grading is done section wise. You will need to get more than 70% in most of the sections. In Level 1, Ethics is very imp. I know some friends who had done well but had less than 50% in Ethics and so they failed the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Sriram Raju View Post
    In CFA exams, grading is done section wise. You will need to get more than 70% in most of the sections. In Level 1, Ethics is very imp. I know some friends who had done well but had less than 50% in Ethics and so they failed the test.
    Thanks for the info. Would you please tell me which are those sections where we have to score more than 70%??

Hi Amee

CFA Institute says that to be eligible for the exam, you need to be in the final year of your graduation.

Considering that your results should be out by May, you would be eligible for June 2012. However, I would suggest that take your time to focus on both the exams (TY and CFA Level I) and give the exam in Dec 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Amee View Post
    Hi All,

Actually i am currently studying in SyBcom . I would like to appear for CFA level1 exam in June 2012

so would i be eligible for June 2012 attempt OR i Have to appear for the Dec 2012 attempt

When shall i register in the CFA USA institude...????

Please revert back........

Awaiting..........

Thanking you,
    Amee

Amee
    Thank you so much...Pristine

Thanks for the info. Would you please tell me which are those sections where we have to score more than 70%??
    You have to try and score more than 70% in most sections. If you score less than that in 2-3 sections, you may still pass the exam. Keep in mind that if you score less than 50% in Ethics in Level 1, then you will probably not pass. Even if you are in the 50-70% range in 2-3 sections, you may pass if your score is >70% in the remaining sections.

You have to try and score more than 70% in most sections. If you score less than that in 2-3 sections, you may still pass the exam. Keep in mind that if you score less than 50% in Ethics in Level 1, then you will probably not pass. Even if you are in the 50-70% range in 2-3 sections, you may pass if your score is >70% in the remaining sections.
    Thanks sriram raju!!! May i know abt your profile???

Thanks sriram raju!!! May i know abt your profile???
    I am an engineer who is trying to get into finance field. Have cleared Level 1. Will be taking Level 2 in June'12.

What about you Mr. Khan?

I am an engineer who is trying to get into finance field. Have cleared Level 1. Will be taking Level 2 in June'12.

What about you Mr. Khan?
    thts nice.... I am doing MBA, I m in 1st Year..... Would you please let me know how should i study for the CFA Level 1, any plan or tips or advice, anything, especially how to clear ETHICS.... and also other topics.....

thts nice.... I am doing MBA, I m in 1st Year..... Would you please let me know how should i study for the CFA Level 1, any plan or tips or advice, anything, especially how to clear ETHICS.... and also other topics.....
    You can practice the problems given at the end of the study sessions in the CFA Institute books. That will help you to clear various concepts.

Level 1 exam also tests your competency in using the financial calculator. So practice solving problems using the calculator.

Ethics is not tough if you read the entire material on Ethics twice

You can practice the problems given at the end of the study sessions in the CFA Institute books. That will help you to clear various concepts.

Level 1 exam also tests your competency in using the financial calculator. So practice solving problems using the calculator.

Ethics is not tough if you read the entire material on Ethics twice
    thanks for the study plan.... All the best for ur future