Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA Level-1

deepakmanola

help

hi,

this is deepak i am planning to take L1 test in 2012. Kindly help me out. i have done my MBA in finance & marketing and i have an work ex of 2.5 years in banking industry. Kindly suggest me from where i can get the notes.

Quote Originally Posted by deepakmanola View Post
    hi,

this is deepak i am planning to take L1 test in 2012. Kindly help me out. i have done my MBA in finance & marketing and i have an work ex of 2.5 years in banking industry. Kindly suggest me from where i can get the notes.
    Deepak:

You'll get the CFA Institute books when you register for the test. You can buy Schweser notes from Laxmi Xerox in Mumbai.

dnpatel
    Hi>>>>>>
    I am Dattesh Patel from Ahmedabad >>> Planning for CFA 2012 june exam>>>>
    can i join your group of self-study CFA >>
    please give me ur e-mail address>>>>>>>
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dnpatel View Post
    Hi>>>>>>
    I am Dattesh Patel from Ahmedabad >>> Planning for CFA 2012 june exam>>>>
    can i join your group of self-study CFA >>
    please give me ur e-mail address>>>>>>>
    Thanks
    Hello Dattesh,

Definitely you can join the group...

When are you planning to register?

dnpatel
    Quote Originally Posted by naveen View Post
    Hello Dattesh,

Definitely you can join the group...

When are you planning to register?

thanks Naveen>>>>>>>
    I am planning to register for level 1 on monday>>>>>>>>

Can i have ur mail id So that i can directly contact you>>>>>>>

And thanks once again for considering me>>>>>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by dnpatel View Post
    thanks Naveen>>>>>>>
    I am planning to register for level 1 on monday>>>>>>>>

Can i have ur mail id So that i can directly contact you>>>>>>>

And thanks once again for considering me>>>>>>>>>
    Yes, we can directly interact.
    You can also send me "Private Message" through this forum.

smart_harsh

Need your help to decide.

Hello,

I am planning to appear for CFA level 1 and need opinion on how to start studying and when to appear for the exam.

My Profile:
    I am a BE engineer with over 5 years of work-ex in Software Development. For the last 15 months I am working with one of the largest banks in the world, on technology side.

Although, my work-ex is mainly in technology, my finance knowledge is above average.

Dilemma:
    As mentioned above that I am planning to appear for CFA Level 1, I am not able to decide should I appear in Dec 2011 or in June 2012. I have neither registered for the exam nor I have started studying.
    Could you guys please suggest what should I do?
    Should I join any coaching classes for CFA preparation? If yes, do suggest some good coaching institutes in Mumbai.

Also, if you could suggest a study plan that a person with non-financial background should follow for CFA exam it would be of great help to me.

Quote Originally Posted by smart_harsh View Post
    Hello,

I am planning to appear for CFA level 1 and need opinion on how to start studying and when to appear for the exam.

My Profile:
    I am a BE engineer with over 5 years of work-ex in Software Development. For the last 15 months I am working with one of the largest banks in the world, on technology side.

Although, my work-ex is mainly in technology, my finance knowledge is above average.

Dilemma:
    As mentioned above that I am planning to appear for CFA Level 1, I am not able to decide should I appear in Dec 2011 or in June 2012. I have neither registered for the exam nor I have started studying.
    Could you guys please suggest what should I do?
    Should I join any coaching classes for CFA preparation? If yes, do suggest some good coaching institutes in Mumbai.

Also, if you could suggest a study plan that a person with non-financial background should follow for CFA exam it would be of great help to me.
    CFA exam will require some investment - both money and time.

As you are working in IT, depending on your project you can see how many hours per week you'll get for serious study.

On avg, you'll need to spend ~ 200 hours for a decent prep. So you can do the maths to check if you'll get enough time before Dec or not. Otherwise choose the June date.

CFA coaching may not be required as you have above avg finance knowledge. There are some firms like Pristine, Flip and Proavenues who can provide CFA tutoring in Mumbai.

You have to decide by 14th Sept'11, otherwise the Dec exam deadline will be over.
    http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogr...ges/index.aspx

Guys, if you have still not registered for the Dec L1 test, you will need to decide by 14th Sept'11. Otherwise the Dec exam deadline will be over.
    http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogr...ges/index.aspx