Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 613

Thread: CFA Level-1

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Anyone going for CFA Level1 in Dec, '09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohit Shehgal
    Where can I get scheweser Notes for L1 in Delhi? I am from non-finance background and planning to take the examination in late 2010. Pl suggest

    I am not sure where you can get them in Delhi. I got it from a shop in Mumbai. I can courier them to you and we can discuss the details. Please PM me your email address and we can work out the logistics.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Smile Dilemma Regarding Eligibility Criteria for CFA enrolment

    I am currently in my second year of college and am pursuing a 3 year BSc Computer Science Honours course.I have already enrolled for the CFA L1 exam June,2010 with an intention of having one year to appear for L2 in June 2011.
    I am quite tensed at the moment because firstly I have not registered in my final year which is a prerequisite according to the CFAI website.I have simply assumed that its okay as long as I give L1 exam in the final year of college(which I will be since the third year of college begins in May).Also, they have specified that at the time of L2 registration you must have got your college degree which is impossible since I will be passing out in April and I wont get the "paper degree" before end of June.
    Coming to the main concern,Im worried that when I apply for my charter and send them details even though that's a future concern,if they somehow feel that I haven't been "ethical" or "honest" they might cancel all my exams altogether.
    In this situation I want to know whether i will be facing the consequences later and should reschedule for L1 in December or its okay and I should go ahead.Please Help!

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Dilemma Regarding Eligibility Criteria for CFA enrolment

    Hello Chirag,

    That's a complicated issue. Did you talk to any CFA charterholder?
    Will you get a provisional pass certificate before your CFA Level 2 exam?

    Regards,
    Nidhi

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dilemma Regarding Eligibility Criteria for CFA enrolment

    I am assuming that someone on this forum is a CFA charter holder and can throw some light on the issue..

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Dilemma Regarding Eligibility Criteria for CFA enrolment

    I think you need not be tensed as you are not violating any rules.

    You will be in the final year by June, 2010 and that's the requirement. Am I missing something? I am not sure why you are worried about L1.

    For L2, you might need to wait for one more year and take the test after you get the degree. Please clarify what I may not be understanding.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dilemma Regarding Eligibility Criteria for CFA enrolment

    I have managed to defer my L1 June,2010 registration and I will be appearing for it in December.As far as L1 is concerned I think my problem is solved.For L2 I will be getting my final semester scores sometime in May which would tell me whether i have passed or failed. I would get the degree later so I guess this would suffice the need.
    Plus, I have come across so many students who have cleared L1 in December and L2 in June when they are in the final year.
    Wondering why this query never came up in anyone's mind..

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Dilemma Regarding Eligibility Criteria for CFA enrolment

    It's good that you are not taking any risk and have deferred the L1.

    If you get a provisional pass certificate by May 2011, then I think you'll be all set for CFA Level 2.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Dilemma Regarding Eligibility Criteria for CFA enrolment

    Okay,then I think Im more or less set.Thanks. I can peacefully prepare for the exam.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Anyone going for CFA Level1 in Dec, '09?

    Dear Sir,

    I am have completed my graduation & now I am planning to prepare for CFA level-1 exam. However, i am also interested to appear for NCFM exam. Now I am confused that whether the NCFM certification will help me for CFA or not. Please suggest & guide me regarding this.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Anand Bakshi
    Durgapur

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    9

    CFA Level-1

    Hi Gurus,

    Please suggest me whether I should take CFA in June'10 or in Dec'10...? I am afraid if in Dec'10 if there is no test center in India then.....

    Suggest me.

    -Rohit Shehgal

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •