Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equity Research in India

Administrator

Equity Research in India

This thread is created to discuss the quality of Equity Research in India. Students or Professionals who are interested in Equity Research can share their research reports and DG members can discuss these reports.

Quote Originally Posted by vbadmin View Post
    This thread is created to discuss the quality of Equity Research in India. Students or Professionals who are interested in Equity Research can share their research reports and DG members can discuss these reports.

dear vbadmin,

I want to become portfolio manager, what could be the career path for that.
    Right now i am doing CFA level 1 in june, I have done BBA with just 7 months of workex in financial selling of products. Kindly guide me

Quote Originally Posted by aditya.finance View Post
    dear vbadmin,

Right now i am doing CFA level 1 in june, I have done BBA with just 7 months of workex in financial selling of products. Kindly guide me
    There are various possible paths to a career in portfolio management. A good starting point is Equity Research. You can join either a sell-side firm (also called brokerage firm) or start in a buy-side fund house (like mutual fund companies). However getting a job in buy-side without experience is very tough. Generally people work for a few years in sell-side before moving to the buy-side.

CFA is a good start. Your theoretical base will be build. However you need to find some internships or relevant jobs to get the requisite practical experience. CFA doesn't teach financial modeling in Excel. That's the practical part and needs a lot of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by aditya.finance View Post
    dear vbadmin,

Aditya -

Apart from the CFA, you can start networking with people in your company (assuming it's a financial services firm like IIFL, Religare, Kotak etc.) who are in equity research, portfolio management or other related job profiles. They will be able to guide you and also serve as good contacts for the future.

Dibyendu
    I am pursuing PGDM in Finance, I want to become a equity research analyst...What should i do for it???PLs inform me ....ASAP

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibyendu View Post
    I am pursuing PGDM in Finance, I want to become a equity research analyst...What should i do for it???PLs inform me ....ASAP
    Please send an email to info@daulatguru.com with your resume.
    Also let us know why you are interested in Equity Research and what training you have received in Valuation & Financial Modeling.

I am a pg student of finance and I want to make my career in research field in equity . Can you provide me some guidance related to this.

Quote Originally Posted by shivani2103 View Post
    I am a pg student of finance and I want to make my career in research field in equity . Can you provide me some guidance related to this.
    Hi Shivani,

Have you taken courses on financial modeling? Try learning how to build financial models in Excel.
    Once you are familiar with that you can write reports on the industry/company that you are interested in to create sample reports.

Hello guys,

I would like to recommend the Introduction to Equity Research course for Aspiring Candidates who looking for financial modeling course such as Equity Research. This 2 day learning program provides detailed understanding of the Research functions of a Financial Institution.

Topics Covered

Overview of Equity Research
    Equity Research Practices
    Qualitative & Quantitative Analysis
    Sector & Macro Analysis
    Report Writing Formats
    Example Case Studies

Regards
    "Aaina"

Investment Bank or a Portfolio Manager in an Asset Management Company. However I have seen people who are CFOs doing corporate finance and treasury work after a CFA. 24393 Vacancies There are also some investment bankers doing M&A after a CFA. That's because this program provides a very solid base of various finance concepts. However this program is more geared towards financial analysis and investment management.
    Many people want to go in Govt. Sector they wish the jobs in this area due to the security in career and a many more other benefits, so aspirants who wish govt. job need to focused preparation for making the career in the Govt. Sector, because there are limited seats available in the Govt Sector and numbers of candidate apply for the single job.http://sarkarinaukriexam.org