Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Learn Equity Research

Learn Equity Research

To learn how to become an efficient equity research analyst, join FRA course at Kredent Academy. Use the following link for further details or call at 91-033-40002452

http://finsure-rahuls.blogspot.com/2010 ... alyst.html

Re: Learn Equity Research

What is the cost and duration of the course?

The course is Mon-Fri evening 5:30-7:30 for 1.5 months, its a total of 30 hours classes, plus one month of internship at Kredent Brokerage. The course fee is Rs 15000 + svs tax.

Venue: Kolkata

Please give me some input reg the Equity Research. How I can use this to get a good job or can move ahead in this profile...?

-Mahesh Vadora

Faculty of Knowledge Varsity...

Team DG,

Can I interact with the faculty of Knowledge Varsity through this forum..?? I have gone to there website at http://www.knowledgevarsity.com/ & it seems me to be really good coaching institute. Pl reply.

-Malbika Sen

Mentor, Knowledge Varsity ratankv's Avatar

Re: Faculty of Knowledge Varsity...

Dear Malbika,

This is Ratan from Knowledge Varsity. I take CFA and FRM classes.
    Login Ids of our faculty members are getting created here and we will regularly post on DG forum.
    For DG members we are also providing 1 hour of faculty time for any discussion regarding to career, courses etc.

Thanks
    Ratan Gupta, FRM

Dear Ratan Sir,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please explain what job opportunities exist after the FRM certification?

-Malbika Sen

Hi Sir,

Can you give some information about "Valuation Allowance & Deffered tax assests (DTA)"...?

-Mahesh

This course provides you with complete knowledge related practical aspect of equity research, including building your own valuation model and understanding the business. Moreover the hands on experience in internship also adds a lot of value which helps you in cracking a job interview.

Valuation Allowance is funds in an account established to cover probable loan losses. If a savings association believes a loan is not collectible, it sets aside in the reserve account a portion of earnings equal to the difference between unpaid principal and the market value of the loan. If the loan is charged off as worthless, the institution writes down the loan portfolio and the reserve account by equal amounts.

A contra- or reduction account to deferred tax assets.The valuation allowance represents that portion of total deferred tax assets that the firm judges is unlikely to be realized. The probability threshold applied in evaluating realization is 50%. That is, if it is more than 50% likely that some or all of a deferred tax asset will not be realized, then a valuation allowance must be set off against part or all of the deferred tax asset.

Girish