Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finance certification courses in India

Re: Hey all Need help

Hey that's great then.....bring it on

Hi time4apogee,

I am happy that you have agreed to my suggestion

Will try to start the discussion soon !!

definitely man ...cheers!

How is Stalla study guide for CFA? Is Schweser better or Stalla....

Both Schweser and Stalla are good. You will find good & hard questions in Schweser and fine video in Stalla.

@ Akram Sir,

I'm confused with the kind of material that's already available. I have Schweser notes+videos...and then there's the institue material. Although I've enrolled for the program, I'll start studying only after my final yr exams in June. So if I start then, what would be the best material to begin with?...consider that I'll be working after that....should I directly start with Schweser or is the time enough to finish reading the inst books....what about Schweser videos??

Dear 'TIme4apogee'

In my opinion the Schweser videos are as always good.They will provide you definitely better understanding & visibility. You will be learning the topics from CFAs & highly qualified and experienced financial professionals.They will give you short cut & best techniques.

You can visit the link in youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/AllenResour ... NiUOVwAZQI

Md Akram

And there goes one more resource for CFA :mrgreen: ....Sir,which would u prefer amongst these?....allen resource or schweser videos??

The Schweser study materials are concise, well organized & have long history as study provider where as Allen study notes are too concise. Allen has comparatively better test bank & video.

is it ok if i just stick to one study provider-schweser?....dont want to put my feet everywhere

also could you plz tell me what study strategy should i use?...i was planning to start reading the CFA inst books in june after my exams....so once im done with each topic, should i give the same topic a cursory reading from schweser?...or do i first go through the entire syllabus from inst books and then touch schweser last month(nov)...then ther'es the secret sauce also :? ...and what about question solving?...apart from the questions behind the chapters (in schweser and inst books) i have the cd and 2 books(vol 1,2) of schweser...when should i start all this?? .....just let me know if there are shortcuts elsewhere which can help me...i dont think ill hav the time to check every such material( like allen resource) unless u insist upon it being worth checking out....since u might already know what's in there, please let me know anything specific in such material that worth checking out