Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finance certification courses in India

Re: Actuaries Society of India

Thanks Sougatada for your reply.

For sometime I was re-searching on all these finance course. But finally I am Zero-ed on to CFA.
    Just need to know your comment on this. :idea:

Thanks
    Ashish

Hi Ashish,

I think you can register for the CFA Level 1 test on December 2010. That'll give you enough time to prepare.
    It'll give you a good foundation and then you can decide where exactly you want to go.

- Sougata

What did you decide on the Acturial course?

Thanks,
    Neetu

Hi Neetu,

I am still not quite sure about the Job prospectus of Acturial course.
    Also I haven't met anybody who has completed the full course successfully( but this is not the reason for rejecting the course).
    I would be glad to hear from someone who has done this course and also what sort of work do these actuaries actually do in the Insurance Industry.

By the way what are you currently doing?

Thanks
    Ashish

Hey Ashish,

I have also not met anyone who has done that course in Actuary. However I have some idea regarding the work.
    It involves a lot of statistical analysis and so a strong mathematical background is essential.

Actuaries determine future risk, make price decisions, and formulate investment strategies. Some actuaries also design insurance, financial, and pension plans and ensure that these plans are maintained on a sound financial basis. Most actuaries specialize in life and health or property and casualty insurance; others work primarily in finance or employee benefits. Some use a broad knowledge of business and mathematics in investment, risk classification, or pension planning. Regardless of specialty, actuaries assemble and analyze data to estimate probabilities of an event taking place, such as death, sickness, injury, disability, or property loss. They also address financial questions, including those involving the level of pension contributions required to produce a certain retirement income level or how a company should invest resources to maximize return on investment in light of potential risk.

Btw, I am still with India Infoline.

- Neetu

Re: Hey all Need help

Hi friends,

While study the books, I was having some confusion with the terminology itself. For CFA basic/fundamental understanding is very important. So, i was just wondering that why not we start discussing technicalities of the financial words or topics in this forum....? What do u say frnds?

-Anand Bakshi

Hi Anand,

I fully agree with you. I also wants to build my career in finance so definitely need to know the basic terminology & fundamental. If somebody teaches in the forum we all member can be benefited together

Ganti Murthy

@ Anand, Ganti:

To understand basic finance terminology, NCFM will definitely help. Also, there are several sites on the internet that can help u learn the same....just read newspapers...if u dont understand anything look it up on the internet....u can find almost anything on google if you really want to.......all the best!

Hi Time4apogee,

It is good that Ganti Murthy wants to share & discuss the terminology & various topics of finanace. It will helps us all to judge our understanding concepts & definitely refresh ourselves.

-Khushbu Sanyal

@TIme4apoge

I agree to your point but the idea is to share knowledge among all the members. We all can be benefit at a time. Also i can check my knowledge & concept level while discussing the topics...

Ganti