Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CFA L3 Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by sougatab View Post
    I am following the CFA Insititute books. I might use Schweser's for the practice tests.
    Many candidates don't find enough time for the CFA Institute books. Schweser's is pretty good and covers all topics in less number of pages.

ken_wang
    thanks

Administrator

5th Meeting of the Online Study Group for CFA Level 3, June 2012

Next meeting will be held on Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 7:30pm India time i.e. 10pm at Beijing, 9am at New York, 2pm at London.

How to join the Online Meeting? Please read the post by clicking the following link:
    http://www.daulatguru.com/finance-fo...ull=1#post2434

After you log into Skype please wait and the moderator will add you to the group call. Do not call the group because multiple calls create confusion. You can use the instant message window to chat with the group.

What's the agenda for the next meeting? What are we going to discuss?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ketan View Post
    What's the agenda for the next meeting? What are we going to discuss?
    The next meeting's agenda will be discussion of concepts and problems related to Behavioral Finance.

Administrator

Points Discussed in the Fifth Online Meeting

During the Fifth Online Meeting, some strategies to tackle the Behavioral Finance questions were discussed:

• Candidates need to read all the biases and memorize them
    • The cases (as part of an Investment Policy Statement) may ask questions related to risk tolerance which depends on emotional biases
    • The case study may also ask to classify the exact behavioral aspect/bias
    • Some questions that are applications of prospect theory, detection of dominance, isolation effect may be asked
    • Acronyms can be created to help in memorizing the biases. For example, to remember the different emotional biases the LOSSER (acronym) can help (this idea was shared by Jorge Adan).

L- Loss-Aversion
    O - Overconfidence
    S - Self-Control
    S - Status Quo
    E - Endowment
    R - Regret Aversion

Next meeting will be held on Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 7:30pm India time i.e. 10pm at Beijing, 9am at New York, 2pm at London. The meeting's agenda will be related to Private Wealth Management.

How to join the Online Meeting? Please read the post by clicking the following link:

After you log into Skype please wait and the moderator will add you to the group call. Do not call the group because multiple calls create confusion. You can use the instant message window to chat with the group.

The acronym technique is really cool...

Administrator

7th Meeting of the Online Study Group for CFA Level 3, June 2012

Next meeting will be held on Saturday, March 31, 2012 at 7:30pm India time i.e. 10pm at Beijing, 9am at New York, 2pm at London.

Agenda:
    Concepts, problems and doubts related to Capital Markets Expectations, Market Valuation and Asset Allocation.

This is a good initiative. But I am worried as we may be going a bit slow.
    Hopefully we'll complete the entire course on time.

Administrator

8th Meeting of the Online Study Group for CFA Level 3, June 2012

Next meeting will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 7:30pm India time i.e. 10pm at Beijing, 10am at New York, 3pm at London.

Agenda:
    Concepts, problems and doubts related to Fixed Income, Equities, Alternative Investments, Risk Management & Derivatives