Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA L3 Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by sougatab View Post
    • Discussed the structure of the CFA Level 3 exam

Morning session - Essay-type questions - Seems tougher and requires good amount of practice to write specific answers

Afternoon session - Objective type questions - Easier and similar to Level 2 exam (in terms of difficulty)

• We decide to take a look at the sample papers to understand the structure of the exam: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogr...ges/index.aspx

• Schweser video lectures are a good starting point for your CFA L3 prep

• We will try to find if there has been any change in LOS compared to last year's Level 3 syllabus

• CFA Level 3 focuses more on Portfolio Management. So we have decided to start studying Behavioral Finance (Study Session 3).

• In the next online meeting we will discuss problems/doubts related to Behavioral Finance (Reading 7,8 and 9)

• Next meeting on November 12, 2011 at 6:30pm India time i.e. 9pm at Beijing, 9am at New York, 2pm at London

• How to join the Online Meeting? Please read the post just before this one.
    Thanks Sougata for summarizing the discussion points.

Points Discussed in the Second Online Meeting

Decided to peer review sample essay-type questions for the CFA Level 3 exam.

Members of this Online Study Group will work on problems related to Behavioral Finance (Study Session 3).

In the next online meeting we will continue to discuss problems/doubts related to Behavioral Finance (Reading 7,8 and 9)

Next meeting on November 27, 2011 at 7:30pm India time i.e. 10pm at Beijing, 9am at New York, 2pm at London

How to join the Online Meeting? Please read the post by clicking the following link:
    http://www.daulatguru.com/finance-fo...ull=1#post2434

Will try to attend the next online meeting.

rohan77

conference call

Hi

Can you please let me know how one should join the conference??
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rohan77 View Post
    Hi

Can you please let me know how one should join the conference??
    thanks
    Rohan,

You can join the next online meeting by following the instructions given here:

- Team DG

Points Discussed in the Third Online Meeting

Each member of this Online Study Group will bring the toughest 3-4 problems related to Behavioral Finance (Study Session 3) that they have come across while solving practice questions. The Group will discuss these problems and clear any doubts.

Next meeting on December 17, 2011 at 7:30pm India time i.e. 10pm at Beijing, 9am at New York, 2pm at London

How to join the Online Meeting? Please read the post by clicking the following link:

mohamed
    hi,
    would you please let me know which readings / study sessions we are going to discuss in next meeting
    thanks

Behavioral Finance (Study Session 3) will be discussed in the next session. This includes Readings 7,8 and 9.

Hi sir,
    am swathi i have attempted my cfa level 1 exam in dec 2011 and am confident about mt results and also attending level 2 classes in ETEN FINANCE in hyd. I need your suggestions to complete my level 2 in first attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by swathi4cfa View Post
    Hi sir,
    am swathi i have attempted my cfa level 1 exam in dec 2011 and am confident about mt results and also attending level 2 classes in ETEN FINANCE in hyd. I need your suggestions to complete my level 2 in first attempt.

Hi Swathi,

Congratulations on passing Level 1!

Level 2 is defintely tougher and more time needs to be devoted. Start early and practice a lot of sample papers.

~Sriram~