Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA L3 Candidates

Re: CFA L3 Candidates

Dear Mridul,

CFA-L3 exam checks the ability to apply the knowledge that you have learned in the previous 2 levels. One needs to demonstrate a working knowledge of the portfolio management process, from calculating investor constrain, objectives & capital market expectation to making asset allocation decision. This exam is composed of 12-13 essay type question & 10 case studies.[/url]

-Md Akram

Hi friends,

Recently CFA Institute has made the following announcement regarding the ID Policy change for the CFA Exam. From 1st January 2011, for CFA Program enrollment and exam registration, a valid international travel passport will be required by all the candidates. The passport you present on exam day must bear the same name, date of birth, government-issued ID number, and country of issuance you used to register. If your passport will expire before the exam, you may still use it to register, but be sure to renew it before the exam and update your account with your new information.

This policy sets forth one global standard, in the form of a single document that is both internationally obtainable and recognizable, that allows us to confirm the identity of our candidates, and to ensure that all candidates receive identical treatment during the exam day admissions process.

Richa Paeriwal

@Richa,

Thanks for the information.

Thanks Richa. Anyone have audio material for CFA..? Is it useful ?

Rakhi

Dear Rakhi,

In my opinion, the audio are helpful if you spend a lot of time in driving. These audios are basically books on tape. The material in the books is very simply and you can easily read & understand it. It's better to use time in reading than the listening since retention is not as good as reading the material yourself. Also, you can't work on the exercise.

Md Akram

Hi Rakhi,

I agree to the view of Akram Sir. When you will read then you will be more clear. The reading includes countless problems solving & working on each of the topics covered by the exam. Doing this will help you to have good grasp of topics.

Sarita Khatod

Hello,

Have anybody got the details of CFA test center in Kolkata.. :?:

Sneha

Hi,
    I am appearing for CFA Level 3 exams in June 2011.
    It will be great to connect with people from similar backgrounds.
    I am based in Mumbai.
    We can even form a study/discussion/ group if possible.

Hi Ravindra,

I am not taking CFA Level 3 now but just wanted some guidance for exam prep. As you have done Level 1 and 2, how much time did you spent to prepare for these two levels?

How much tougher was Level 2 from level 1 CFA exam?

Nidhi

Hi Nidhi,
    I prepared for around 4 months for each level.
    It is difficult to make a relative comparison on difficulty between two levels but Level 2 was difficult because you need to focus on the practical side as well.
    Also,the difficulty varied with topics.

Ravindra