Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: CFA L2 candidates

CFA Level 2 in June 2011

I will also take the CFA level 2 in June 2011. Which center are you selecting?

CFLA level 2 curriculum changes

There are some changes in the CFA Level 2 curriculum in June 2011 exam. You can check the link below to see the changes:
    http://www.finquiz.com/cfa_level_2_c...nges_2010_2011

CFA curriculum changes 2011

Thanks Neetu. The link that you have posted has a big list.

Is there any major difference between the CFA Level 2 2010 curriculum and the 2011 curriculum? I have got the 2010 study material and wanted to know if that's sufficient? Any inputs will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sriram Raju View Post
    Thanks Neetu. The link that you have posted has a big list.

Is there any major difference between the CFA Level 2 2010 curriculum and the 2011 curriculum? I have got the 2010 study material and wanted to know if that's sufficient? Any inputs will be appreciated.
    I have gone through the link and the major difference in the L2 curriculum of 2011 vs 2010 are:
    1. Inventories & Long Lived Assets - Added in 2011 syllabus
    2. Many concepts like degree of leverage, breakeven quantity etc are eliminated from the section "Capital Structure and Leverage"
    3. Some changes in the "Dividends and Dividend Policy"
    4. Added an LOS in 2011 under "Private Company Valuation" which is "discuss the uses of private business valuation, and explain applications of greatest concern to financial analysts"
    5. The technical notes on LBO valuation in 2010 curriculum are no longer in 2011

There are some minor changes in the Equities section and also some LOS are eliminated. But I have mentioned the major changes.

Neetu,

Good that u read that. It was too much for me.
    Thnx

Hey everyone,

Come here after a while!....I cleared CFA level 1 in Dec 2010...results just came out yesterday. I got a lot of valuable advice and guidance from DG back then when I started the CFA journey, especially from Sougata, Neetu, Satyam (not forgetting the rest). Thanks a lot for that!

I'm not planning to take CFA Level 2. Was just considering taking it this time in 2011 with just 4 months left. Work is extremely hectic, but I still want to give it a shot! I wanted some suggestions as to where to dive into the syllabus and how to proceed to different topics. Also hows the exam difficulty diff from level 1? What's the best strategy possible given the fact that work load is too much!

Quote Originally Posted by time4apogee View Post
    Hey everyone,

Come here after a while!....I cleared CFA level 1 in Dec 2010...results just came out yesterday. I got a lot of valuable advice and guidance from DG back then when I started the CFA journey, especially from Sougata, Neetu, Satyam (not forgetting the rest). Thanks a lot for that!

I'm not planning to take CFA Level 2. Was just considering taking it this time in 2011 with just 4 months left. Work is extremely hectic, but I still want to give it a shot! I wanted some suggestions as to where to dive into the syllabus and how to proceed to different topics. Also hows the exam difficulty diff from level 1? What's the best strategy possible given the fact that work load is too much!
    Congrats dude!

CFA Level 2 is definitely tougher than Level 1.
    Generally, 4 months is enough to prepare for L2.
    However if your work is very hectic, then I am not sure how many hours you can study per week.

how much of min time do u suggest studyin per week frm now on??....any specific topic order??

Quote Originally Posted by time4apogee View Post
    how much of min time do u suggest studyin per week frm now on??....any specific topic order??
    This really depends on your work load and your schedule. But it'll be good if you can put 20 hours/week. Level 2 is focused on valuation. Equity and Fixed Income valuation is very important.

LOS Review for CFA Level 2

Hello,

This is in reference to the suggestion (approved by Team DG) on sharing and vali****** one's understanding of level 2 LOSs. Participants may volunteer to take up LOS that they would present. Team DG has kindly agreed to review the correctness of the presentation.

I found the approach quite useful and efficient in acquiring and disseminating Business domains kniowledge for IT projects.

I am awaiting the curriculum to arrive in 5-7 days and would start with economics or corporate finance depending on what I find myself comfortable with.

I hope we all understand the spirit, but I'd still reiterate that understanding presentation needs to be in the presenter's words in as condensed form that it saves time of the members reading it but does not compromise on completeness. Ofcourse, one must try to mention points that one found useful in understanding and the doubts that one still has.

Regards,
    Anil