Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA L2 candidates

Re: CFA L2 candidates

@Rahul: Thanks for busting the myth Rahul! I feel somewhat relieved!

@Sougata: Havent started with Derivatives yet, but will keep the bit about swaptions in mind. Thanks.

Cheers
    Sameer

Hello,

Does anyone knows that will there be any significant difference in the pattern of question paper...like will it be similar to the last year? Also, can anyone help me in providing or sharing the question paper...? If hv then,plzzzzz n plzzzz give me or mail me at harshita.singh213@rediffmail.com

-Harshita Singh

Dear Harshita,

I checked some updates from the CFA Institute and there doesn't seem to be any changes in the pattern of question paper. Some LOS have been modified but overall the material as well as the type of paper will be the same as last year.

- Neetu

Hi frendzs,

I was going through the CFA-L2 schweser notes & there I am not clear in LOS 61.g (SWAP Markets & Contracts)which says to identify & calculate the possible payoffs & cash flows of an interest rate swaption. Can anyone explain me wht does this mean..?

-Girish

Is this from Derivatives & Portfolio Mgmt book..?

Hi Friends,

I am appearing for CFA Level 1 on December 2010,can you please suggest me how I can start preparing which will be helpful for scoring good result,I bought Schewser notes n also received the CFA study material.I am looking forward for your help.

Thanks,
    Souvik

You have already got the right materials. Schedule in such a way that you give enough time for all the topics. Don't ignore sections which seem easy like Ethics. Many people fail the CFA exams because they don't get enough marks in the Ethics section.

You have enough time and you have started pretty early. So read all the chapters and if you have doubts, you can ask the senior members in this forum to help you.

Thanks Neetu for your words and reply.Yes I will study as you advised me.I am in BBA 3rd,so many topics are new to me ,so I started early.I am in Facebook-souv1@yahoo.co.in and orkut -souvik244@gmail.com,if you add me you u hv any account in any of the site,it will be very helpful for me to keep in touch with you.

Thanks
    Souvik

Dear Girish,

I can briefly explain the interest rate swap:-

[i]A swap in an agreement between two companies to exchange cash flows in the future.The most common type of swap is a

Hey Friends,

I am planning to purchase a calculator which one will be good for the cfa exm BA II plus or BA II plus professional.Is it really need affect if I purchase BA II plus.Thanks.