Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CFA L2 candidates

Re: CFA L2 candidates

Ya thanks.

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if anyone has used Schweser videos to prep for level 2 or even level 1. Did any of you use any other video tutorials for the prep?

Hi,

These videos are of great quality and I am sure you will find very interesting.

I am looking for a group for L2 in Hyderabad. ...Anyone is there?

Regards,

Anil

Hi Anil,

There are some people from Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata in this forum. Nice to see someone from Hyderabad.
    I'll try to reach out to my friends at ISB who might be preparing for the CFA Level 2.

Regards,
    Sougata

Thanks buddy!

Regards,

Anil

Hi,

Recently I received below mail from CFA Institute.

Dear CFA candidate,

As you may know, the Delhi High Court has given us provisional permission to register candidates for the CFA exam in India on Sunday, 06 June 2010. This means that you may request a change to a test center in India.

However, the court could reverse this provisional decision and require us to cancel the exams in India. In the event of a cancellation, candidates registered for an India test center will have three options:

1) Receive a refund of applicable CFA Program fees.
    2) Defer registration to a future exam date outside of India.
    3) Request a test center outside of India for the June 2010 CFA exam.

If you are considering a request to change to an India test center, we urge you to be aware of the risks, and to carefully consider the uncertainty of the situation. All test centers have limited seats, and test center change requests are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. This means that if you request a test center change, your requested test center may not be available if it is already at capacity.

If you would like to request a test center change, please visit our website.

We will post any updates to www.cfainstitute.org/india. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at www.cfainstitute.org/contactus.

Sincerely,
    CFA Institute

-Gopal

Hi,

One of my friend is not finding the link to register for CFA-2..... So, can someone help him. Any information reg this..?

Girish Khajuriya

Hi People

I hope the preparation is picking up tempo now, with less than 3 months to go. Guys I had some queries about the exam. It would be great if someone who has cleared L2 recently could throw some light on these:

1) Could anybody comment on how useful Schweser Pro Qbank and Schweser Volumes I and II actually are for L2? I had solved questions from both these resources during my L1 prep and I was impressed with the question quality in both. But I have been told by some people who are reappearing for L2 that the question bank turned out to be a waste of time when one compared them with the actual L2 paper. If someone who has cleared L2 recently could comment on this, it would be great help.

2) Also could someone tell us which subjects end up needing a lot of revisiting or subjects which prove to be more troublesome or more time-consuming compared to others?

Please enlighten someone!

Cheers
    Sameer

Hey I cleared CFA l2 in last June and I strongly believe that there is no alternative to Swescher vol 1,2 and the questions yu get along with you in th CD. I only practiced those and had a very easy time in exam. Hence would advice to please do not go what people say, swescher for all the levels i believe is a BIBLE for CFA questions.

Moreover, area that needs special attention is FSA and Fixed income, try and practice as much as you can from these areas.

Best of Luck.
    -=--------------

Rahul SOnthalia

Thanks Rahul for the information.

@Sameer

I also find the Derivatives section important and it can get a little challenging with swaptions etc.