Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Various career options in Finance

Question The University of Chicago's Master of Science Program in Financial Mathematics program in Singapore

I agree with optimistical.

Do you know about the University of Chicago's Master of Science Program in Financial Mathematics program in their Singapore campus? Howz the course and placements?

Try Mu Sigma...they are hiring now. See this url:
    http://www.mu-sigma.com/currentOpenings.html

Thanks Lalit.

Are you working in Mu Sigma? The profile they are asking is deadly.
    Also do you feel if I do some SAS or VBA course will it help me getting into these Analytics firms. I have good hands-on knowledge on SQL, Oracle database but only lacks in the SAS skills.

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL View Post
    Thanks Lalit.

Also do you feel if I do some SAS or VBA course will it help me getting into these Analytics firms. I have good hands-on knowledge on SQL, Oracle database but only lacks in the SAS skills.
    Sorry, I don't work there.
    You can learn VBA yourself and may not need a course. Some SAS tutorials are available here: http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/sk/default.htm

Thanks Lalit, but do you think without any certificate course in SAS will I get any Job in Analytics firm.
    Yaa... for VBA part I am quite confident as I am currently using it.

As far as I know the course is quite good and almost all the students get placement at the end of the course. I think this course is in collaboration with one of Singaporean university.

As far as I know the course is quite good and almost all the students get placement at the end of the course. I think this course is in collaboration with one of Singaporean university.
    I agree that the course is good but placement is not always 100%. In 2008-09, during the crisis, some students didn't find jobs. So I guess it depends on the economy also.

Thanks Lalit, but do you think without any certificate course in SAS will I get any Job in Analytics firm.
    Yaa... for VBA part I am quite confident as I am currently using it.
    Certifications can help but I am not aware of any standard certification for SAS. Do you know about any such certificate?

If you have some knowledge and can answer the interview questions, you might be able to get thru without a cert.

Thanks Lalit.

Hi,

If you find a suitable opening at Mu Sigma, you can let me know. I'll try to forward your resume to some of my friends who are working there.

- Sougata

Thanks Sougata.