Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 141

Thread: Various career options in Finance

  1. #81
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by sandeepnair View Post
    Hi, this is Sandeep. I am new to this forum and looking for informative discussion with Finance related topics. I would also like to share my views and ideas about Finance related topics.

    Dear Sandeep,

    Welcome to the forum!

    We already have some related threads and so we are merging this one. Please continue the discussion at:
    http://www.daulatguru.com/finance-fo...ons-in-Finance

    Thanks,
    Team DG

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    10
    Hey, why don't u try ur hands at inductis-a data analytics firm,u r from a very reputed colllege..u shouldn't face any obstacle for being shortlisted for written ! Analytics is a fast growing group with opportunities for growth at an accelerated pace.

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    12
    It's good that this discussion has been started. I am from the IT industry and recently the US government is taking major steps to stop outsourcing. Do you think all these steps will help the US economy?

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by anita123 View Post
    It's good that this discussion has been started. I am from the IT industry and recently the US government is taking major steps to stop outsourcing. Do you think all these steps will help the US economy?
    No, I don't think that these steps will help US. Let's understand why the US Government is taking these steps.
    There is an election in November and the politicians want to score some points. They want to show that they are concerned about the unemployment in the US. The unemployment is around 10% now and will be increasing if the US Government pursues such policies.

    Outsourcing is a business decision that helps firms cut costs. As the firms reduce their expenses, they make greater profit. Thus the firms are healthy and can hire more people or expand their operations. Now the Government wants to increase the costs (by stopping or taxing outsourcing) and thereby reduce the profits of the firms. So the firms will make less profit or even go into a loss. This will reduce hiring and some firms may relocate to a more friendly nation.

    So though the US politicians are claiming that these steps will save US jobs, it'll actually reduce US jobs in the long run. Such steps generally have long-term negative consequences.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    12
    I completely agree with Sougata.
    As I am already working in IT field I know how much impact it is actually having on the business more for the American firms.
    IT people generally stays in IT firms so as to get H1 B visas, but with the new US rules Indian IT business is all being hampered.
    So basically It's a loss-loss situation for both the countries I know many IT people will agree with me on this. Anyway I don't want to discuss more on this endless topic.

    But can some throw light on What will happen to students who goes to US for their higher studies and then get Job over there. How will his new rules will impact them?
    As I am also planning to go for my MBA over there, but before investing I want to get a clearer picture of the situation over there.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL View Post
    I completely agree with Sougata.
    As I am already working in IT field I know how much impact it is actually having on the business more for the American firms.
    IT people generally stays in IT firms so as to get H1 B visas, but with the new US rules Indian IT business is all being hampered.
    So basically It's a loss-loss situation for both the countries I know many IT people will agree with me on this. Anyway I don't want to discuss more on this endless topic.

    But can some throw light on What will happen to students who goes to US for their higher studies and then get Job over there. How will his new rules will impact them?
    As I am also planning to go for my MBA over there, but before investing I want to get a clearer picture of the situation over there.
    The top US universities are really great. You will meet some very knowledgeable professors and smart students. However the cost is too high and their are some risks due to the current economic situation.

    There are some rules that limit the amount of opportunities available for international students. For example, even if you graduate from a top school you may not be hired by GE or J&J or Bank of America. Some firms will reject your resume because you will require H1-B visa. With the new regulations and high unemployment in US, more companies will avoid recruiting international students. I don't foresee the situation improving at least in the next 5 years.

    Also some of you might be interested in entrepreneurship. As an international student you cannot start a company in US. There are ways to go around the rule but generally it's very tough.

    Apart from these two problems, you should also be aware of the risks of the H1-B visa. In case you get fired from your job (it's not impossible), you will get around a month to either find another job (which is very difficult) or pack your bags and leave US.

    I would suggest that you do a proper research on these rules as they keep changing. The overall US education experience is great but there are genuine problems that international students face and you should be aware of it.

  7. #87
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks Sougata da for sharing our experience and views. Can u give some insight on happenings in canada?

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Amitava View Post
    Thanks Sougata da for sharing our experience and views. Can u give some insight on happenings in canada?
    Dear Amitava,

    I will try to reach out to some students in Canada as they'll be able to provide better information.

    Regards,
    Sougata

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks a lot Sougata.
    I think this is a very interesting and useful discussion.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    12
    Thanks Sougata for useful insight.
    So what I can conclude is that if anyone interested in going for higher studies to US must do serious research on the Job prospectus over there.

    To continue with this useful thread, I request people to ask more question so that we can plan for our future accordingly.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •