Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Career in Finance through MSc Finance?!

Re: Career in Finance through MSc Finance?!

No I am currently working with Wipro Tech. and already had 14 months of Exp.
    Since the Program is taggged as 2+2, so I thought its like 2 year work exp then two years of MBA course.;
    But actually it is not like this. Am I right?

So can you tell me what they mean by 2+2??? :?

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticAL
    "No I am currently working with Wipro Tech. and already had 14 months of Exp.
    Since the Program is taggged as 2+2, so I thought its like 2 year work exp then two years of MBA course.;
    But actually it is not like this. Am I right?

So can you tell me what they mean by 2+2??? :?"
    HBS 2+2 is for ppl still in college. So you may not be able to apply. But you can definitely apply for the full-time MBA program. The average work exp at HBS is decreasing. Though 2 yrs is generally less, but 3+ by the time of admission should be fine.

As you are more interested in MSc Finance, do some research on Columbia, Berkeley and Stanford's MFE programs.

Thanks for your reply.
    Actually this time I will be applying for MFE, but I think you need to work or should have some exp in Finance Industry to get in colleges such as Berkley or Stanford. But I am still fighting and hope to land in some finance job before applying.

Thanks
    Ashish

Moving into Finance career - education?

A colleague is thinking of moving into a career in Finance - been doing IT sales for 2-3 years.

Reasons for moving include dislike of current job, an interest in the financial markets, better job prospects and advancement, and most importantly better pay

With a degree in computer science and no background in Finance and thinking of doing a graduate diploma (or similar) in finance.

What course would people recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Gondersear View Post
    A colleague is thinking of moving into a career in Finance - been doing IT sales for 2-3 years.

Reasons for moving include dislike of current job, an interest in the financial markets, better job prospects and advancement, and most importantly better pay

With a degree in computer science and no background in Finance and thinking of doing a graduate diploma (or similar) in finance.

What course would people recommend?
    There are so many courses in the market like CFA from US, ICFAI's courses, FRM, CPA, CFP, CMA, CAIA, NCFM etc etc. It's very confusing to choose the best course. You'll need to decide what job in finance you would like to do. Then that'll help you to do decide the right course.

Going into the financial sector is always a good idea when you have a good interest in it.

MBA in Finance is a good prospect if u want to go in the financial sector..

What after MBA Finance

Hai,
    I'm just four months left to complete my MBA Finance program from Karnataka University, Dharwad (Karnataka). Please suggest me some certificate or Diploma courses located in Banglore, Pune, Dehli, Hyderabad.

Wait for your valuable suggestions.

Hi,

What kind of roles are you looking for? The certifications like CFA, CFP, FRM etc can be helpful. You can choose depending on your target job profile.

It depends upon the type of job profile you are looking in the industry.