Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Entry level finance jobs!!!!

Entry level finance jobs!!!!

I was working with Jindal Steel for 3 years and want to switch to an investment management job. It seems almost impossible without a top tier MBA. I have tried CAT a couple of times but got in the 95 %ile range. Also GMAT is expensive and I cannot afford that. So what can I do to get a investment management job? Will my 3 years in manufacturing industry be a waste as I'll get an entry level finance job?

Re: Entry level finance jobs!!!!

Hello,

The best option for you will be to get atleast the first 2 levels of CFA and keep trying for a good MBA course.
    The CFA charter is valued a lot in the investment management industry.

Also your experience will not be a waste because there will be some transferable skills. You can always talk about your data analysis skills etc.

Re: Entry level finance jobs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chandrashekhar.kj45@gmail.com
    I was working with Jindal Steel for 3 years and want to switch to an investment management job. It seems almost impossible without a top tier MBA. I have tried CAT a couple of times but got in the 95 %ile range. Also GMAT is expensive and I cannot afford that. So what can I do to get a investment management job? Will my 3 years in manufacturing industry be a waste as I'll get an entry level finance job?

I agree with Nidhi and just wanted to tell you how you can turn your manufacturing experience into a competitive advantage. When you market yourself for a job, you can say that you want to be a Research Analyst for the Metals and Mining industry.

For such a role, you'll need deep understanding of the industry. Thus your experience at the steel company will be of great importance. Then you can mention the finance program or certification that you decide to pursue. So your metals and mining experience with the finance skills will be a good fit for an analyst position.

ENTRY LEVEL POSITION

I am seeking a entry level position in investment banking . I am MBA(Finance) and CFA Level II Candidate.
    I have worked for Bank of America as a Business Analyst for 14 months, but i m seeking a position in analysis(equity analyst or like).... any pointers regarding this will be a great help.

Thanks
    Sarab

Re: ENTRY LEVEL POSITION

You can try using the following website:
    https://www.glocap.com/

This has helped some people. Also try to contact alumni from your MBA program who are currently working in Equity Research.

I am Akash and graduated from a business school in Canada.
    I have found this website useful:
    https://www.onewire.com/Default.aspx

You may try and see....

Tata Securities is hiring entry level Analysts. You may check their website at:
    http://www.tatasecurities.com/Hcareer.a ... ntNum=#NRI

Opening as professional trader with KREDENT

We are glad to invite applications for our Professional Derivatives Trading desk.
    Kredent trading desk is one of the largest trading desk in India with substantial market share in exchange

Re: Opening as professional trader with KREDENT

Thank you for posting this job.
    Are MBA Finance students without CFA Level 1 eligible to apply for this job?

Regards,
    Sriram

Re: Opening as professional trader with KREDENT

Is there any summer training opportunity available at Kredent for May - July 2010?

Thanks,
    Kavitha